Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How to have several identical wireless doorbells respond to the same code?

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 21:52:20 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:50:52 +0000
MM wrote:

On 29 Jan 2018 14:29:04 GMT, Huge wrote:

Ethernet over mains sucks syphilitic donkey dick.

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does.

This could well be the same sort of argument as the 'get you home'
puncture 'repair' latex foam sprays and the pre-puncture gels that
provide an instant and permanent solution? Chalk and cheese.

I have used Powerline adaptors in many locations (typically TP-Link
brand) and have had no issues with them whatsoever.

The last instance was a NowTV box across the width of a lounge hall
when run over WiFi it was constantly buffering and hesitating. Plug in
a pair of TP-Link PL adaptors and it's been fine ever since? shrug

At the same site they also use a third TP-Link PL adaptor to put WiFi
at the back of the house and a 4th to connect a PC in the upstairs
study.

None of the people there are 'technical' and so I would be the first
person to hear if there were any issues ... and I haven't.

This experience is repeated in every location I've used or recommended
PL as a solution, where there were no real / reliable alternatives.

Now, would I guarantee that you would always get the same bandwidth as
a good Cat5e cable, no, because for 'most people' that's rarely (if
ever) a requirement.

Would I guarantee that there is no RF noise generated in those
locations? No, I wouldn't, because again that's never been an issue
that has been raised so I've not had to deal with it.

Am I saying I would recommend PL over traditional bounded Ethernet?
Well, that all depends on the location and the willingness of the
people to rip up flooring or run cables over the surface versus using
a PL solution (that 'works' AFA they are concerned).

Cheers, T i m