Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronics help

On Thursday, 1 February 2018 10:35:34 UTC, ss wrote:
On 01/02/2018 10:25, tabbypurr wrote:

Could it be that if the batteries on the scooter were goosed that the
charger was trying to draw too much power and blew the fuse?

very unlikely. The huge current required to do that must have come from the batteries, the charger would not be able to supply it.

Maybe I am thinking the wrong way, my thinking is saying that the
charger may have been trying to draw more power from the mains to charge
what were effectively dead batteries.

Any charger that blew itself to bits by gross overload when connected to a flat battery would be dangerous & illegal. I've seen many illegal & unsafe chargers, but nothing that bad.

NT