Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Video door entry which displays on TV - possible?

Does she really need to see the person? A wireless door phone is what I use
though I am a little disappointed with the transmitter battery life and the
time the handset can remain off the charger.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Chris Green" wrote in message
Has anyone come across a video door entry system which uses an
existing television for the display? My M-I-L wants a door entry
system which allows her to see the visitor before unlocking the door
but any 'extra' display hardware really isn't practical.

Display on mobile phone is no good because it probably won't be to
hand and is too small (so she'd need to find her glasses as well as
the phone). A dedicated display doesn't make much sense either,
there's really not space for it anywhere.

It would make *much* more sense to be enable to interrupt the TV
display, it's always on and the *important* thing is that it's when
M-I-L is in easy chair in front of the TV that it takes her a long
time to get up and get to the front door.

Any ideas anyone?

--
Chris Green
·