Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Install electric hob above washing machine?

On 2018-01-30, Graham wrote:

looking for something else last week, I came across an installation manual
with large letters on the front "DO NOT LEAVE WITH CUSTOMER"

That was printed on the installation instructions for my Gloworm
boiler.

Something like "Not to be read by the patient" used to adorn medical
notes hanging from the foot of hospital beds.

Did they leave that there if the patient was sufficiently able-bodied
to reach it? Something like that would certainly get my attention &
I'd try to get a look at it.

I *always* read my notes. And then ask for explanations of what things
mean. I was given my notes at one clinic in a sealed envelope to give
to the doctor. I opened and read them. No-one's ever complained about
this behaviour.

My opinion - since we were repeatedly handed sealed envelopes of scans
when my wife was pregnant - has been that "they are our notes, we'll let
the doctor read them if we feel like it!" Why the health service thinks
that notes, scans, etc. are theirs and not the patient's I don't know.

SteveW

legally they are, they're the nhs's property, their notes about us. Still the decision to refuse or make difficult getting basic data eg blood test results does seem more than a little patronising & unhelpful.

I won't even mention their reinterpretation of the DPA.

NT