Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Hot glue guns... Recommendations please..

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 17:44:26 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
jim k wrote:

after a glue gun, quick look on Amazon -3000 results....

I see there are different powers - 10w 20w 60w 100w, presumably
different sizes of sticks, different adhesives, yada yada
yada.....

I got a Stanley GR25 dual-melt gun - it has high and low settings for
high or low temperature glue sticks. Heat control is good, it only
dribbles a bit when it's left standing, but the little fold-out stand
doesn't stop it falling over on the bench. I previously had a single
temperature Wickes-branded one that was nothing special but worked OK
and at least managed to stand up, after a few years the feed mechanism
broke. I fixed it once but a different bit broke so I decided to invest
in a new one (ISTR the GR25 cost all of £8 including delivery).

Primarily the need has arisen for my sons homework, but I'd
appreciate some informed guidance on what to go for just in case
the cheapest is not necessarily the best option & limits other
applications/adhesives etc..

When it comes to cost, buy bulk glue sticks from the likes of
Tool Station or eBay - some of the small retail packs are silly
expensive.