Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronics help

On 31/01/2018 21:41, Andy Burns wrote:
ss wrote:

he had an uncanny knack of just looking at something and it broke

So do you think the fuse could have been physically damaged, rather than
blowing?

By the looks of the picture the fuse detonated with considerable force.
I expect an insane current flowed briefly. It may do so again if the
fault was permanent as opposed to a transient dead short of the output.

A lash up with a 3A mains fuse is worth a try but be prepared for the
magic smoke coming out or worse. You don't want it starting a fire.

I'd conduct any tests outdoors and wear eye protection. YMMV

--
Regards,
Martin Brown