Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Electronics help

It would be interesting to look at the print side of the pcb to see if any
track is left. This is what did for the pcb on my old washing machine in the
end, fried track syndrome.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 19:54:26 UTC, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 11:34:40 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 18:32:16 UTC, ss wrote:

Charger for a mobility scooter. One charger not working, I opened it
up
and as per image below it looks like some kind of fuse has blown.
Text on the board looks like 3A/2500AR.

Can anyone confirm and identify what I would need to replace.
I have limitations on electronic stuff but could probably manage to
solder this part if I can find a replacement.

https://imgur.com/a/QTZ0e

it's a 3A fuse. Whether it'll then work or the replacement blow who
knows. I suspect the latter is more likely.

The replacement almost certainly wont work.

Trying to solder directly to the end caps of a 20mm glass fuse is
difficult, unless the mp of solder has changed a lot.

The current taking the thing out would be quite impressive.

AB

for testing just clip it in place. But like you said. I was wondering if
there might be a chance it got connected to the battery the wrong way
round, but it seems unlikely.

NT