Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Electronics help

I cannot see the picture, but is it a switch mode device or a good old
analogue supply?
If the latter the most common fault is the bridge rectifiers which are
commonly under specified for spikes in current etc.

If its swwitch mode then it might be possible to get a new module, but I've
seenin the past that companies have cut costs by fitting a soldered in fuse
as of course they never blow do they? :-)

Is the company that made the device still around?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Chris Bartram" wrote in message
news
On 31/01/18 18:39, newshound wrote:
On 31/01/2018 18:32, ss wrote:
Charger for a mobility scooter. One charger not working, I opened it up
and as per image below it looks like some kind of fuse has blown.
Text on the board looks like 3A/2500AR.

Can anyone confirm and identify what I would need to replace.
I have limitations on electronic stuff but could probably manage to
solder this part if I can find a replacement.

https://imgur.com/a/QTZ0e

We might, of course, wonder why it has failed so catastrophically.

Before spending a lot of time sourcing a fuse and doing a repair, I would
be inclined to pop an ammeter with a reasonably high range across the
location. Even cheap DVMs normally have an internal fuse which should
protect them if (say) there is now mains across the two sides.

Is it just me, or does that look like it's been bodged and there should be
a fuseholder on that board with a cartridge fuse?