Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronics help

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 19:54:26 UTC, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 11:34:40 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 18:32:16 UTC, ss wrote:

Charger for a mobility scooter. One charger not working, I opened it up
and as per image below it looks like some kind of fuse has blown.
Text on the board looks like 3A/2500AR.

Can anyone confirm and identify what I would need to replace.
I have limitations on electronic stuff but could probably manage to
solder this part if I can find a replacement.

https://imgur.com/a/QTZ0e

it's a 3A fuse. Whether it'll then work or the replacement blow who knows. I suspect the latter is more likely.

The replacement almost certainly wont work.

Trying to solder directly to the end caps of a 20mm glass fuse is
difficult, unless the mp of solder has changed a lot.

The current taking the thing out would be quite impressive.

AB

for testing just clip it in place. But like you said. I was wondering if there might be a chance it got connected to the battery the wrong way round, but it seems unlikely.

NT