Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Install electric hob above washing machine?

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 30/01/2018 19:30, GB wrote:
On 30/01/2018 18:43, Robin wrote:
On 30/01/2018 18:05, GB wrote:
The only way I can get the kitchen layout to work is to install the
electric hob above the washing machine. I can see it's not ideal, but
is it allowed? Any extra precautions I could take, eg install some
sort of vapour barrier?

I'd be surprised if there'd be enough clearance with all hobs and all
w/ms to leave the manufacturer's minimum clearance. So might
constrain your choice of replacements.

I didn't even know the manufacturers specified a minimum clearance!

They have installation manuals!

looking for something else last week, I came across an installation manual
with large letters on the front "DO NOT LEAVE WITH CUSTOMER"

That was printed on the installation instructions for my Gloworm
boiler.

Something like "Not to be read by the patient" used to adorn medical
notes hanging from the foot of hospital beds.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%