Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Prefabricated shower cubicles

I want a prefabricated shower cubicle for use on a floor with bouncy
castle-like properties of horizontality,[1] rigidity and flatness.
Therefore, unlike many of them, it cannot rely on rigid connections to
the walls. Presumably some flexible sort of safety chain would be ok.
There isn't even a solid wall I could bracket it to, assuming that were
possible.

Other requirements are that it has to be dismantleable so it can be
taken upstairs through the gaps between floor joists, and it should have
one horizontal dimension of at least 75cm

Has anyone got any suggestions? I have in mind a mains pressure mixer
valve from a combi boiler supply, though I suppose I could consider an
electric shower. I am not sure a second one on a 60Amp mains supply is
ok even with diversity though.

Oh, and it would be nice if it were cheap, not too heavy and waterproof!

[1] I presume I can correct for initial slope so it moves about a
horizontal initial position.

--

Roger Hayter