Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Does retrofitting mcbs into an older wylex "fuse wire" consumerunit need notification?

On 29/01/2018 18:47, jim wrote:

Noted ta.

So quasi-legally is this notifiable work?

I would say non notifiable.

At work we are slowly swapping a lot of Health Centres socket circuits
MCBs to RCBOs and all they get is a minor works certificate for each
swap and no Part P notification. It is worth noting that we have only
just done a full EICR on the installation and the only test we do for
the minor works certificate are the RCD trip times. It had been accepted
by their management that the other EICR results from the week or so
before still stand.

If I was asked to swap fuses for MCBs on an unknown fuse box I would at
least check for continuity on the ring circuits. If I found an open
circuit on LN or E I would still swap the fuse but only for a 20A MCB
and say that further investigation is required. And yes that
investigation is going to cost:-).

--

Adam