Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected][_2_] cpvh@o2.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Heater on 1.5mm lighting circuit ?

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 8:52:18 AM UTC, Robin wrote:
On 28/01/2018 19:16, ARW wrote:
On 28/01/2018 18:27, Robin wrote:
On 28/01/2018 18:08, wrote:
On Sunday, 28 January 2018 17:15:32 UTC, ARWÂ* wrote:
Remember the quartz bathroom heaters? The round ones that actually
replaced the bathroom light.

Oh yes.

https://www.edwardes.co.uk/en/produc...ceiling-heater

That was the only form of heating in the bathroom apart from the
weedy towel rail.

When we moved to somewhere that didn't have a heat-n-lightÂ* we were
allowed to put the fan heater in the bathroom on the long lead to
warm it up *before* having a bath.

750W combined heat and light?Â* Fan heater?Â* Pah!Â* If it were really,
really cold we might be allowed to take a one bar electric fire to
balance on the washbasin - but only while *in* the bathroom 'cos the
'leccy meter eat money.

We had real Darwinism in them days

So you had a bathroom then:-)?

I thought this would make a change from the Monty Python Yorkshiremen
video that is usually posted when we make such jokes.

http://www.telelib.com/authors/O/Orw...ierpart_3.html

It does indeed. I am also reminded from time to time to be thankful I
had electricity - unlike someone I visit occasionally who lived in
Suffolk with oil lamps and candles until she was in her teens.

--
Robin

My wife and her brother were very excited to get torches one christmas in thier youth...........

They moved soon after to a 200 year old cottage with an earth closet!

She used to kick the door open very hard (in case there was a Cyberman hiding behind it).