Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Disconnecting Solvent weld corner

On 30-Jan-18 12:10 PM, Steve Jones wrote:
I am having the outside of my house rendered so everything has to be removed from the outside walls. This has all gone smoothly except for one solvent weld pipe (40mm), it has a right angle into the drain but its connected inside the wall which means the pipe work is too close to the wall to get the render behind. Is there any way to connect to the corner without digging out the wall or damaging the kitchen to bring it out 20mm.

Why would you need to damage the kitchen to extend the pipe? It should
run back to a trap, where there may well be a compression fitting you
can undo to replace all the pipe after that. If the trap is solvent
welded as well, there will usually be at least a short run of pipe where
you can fit a straight socket, to extend the pipework. I would avoid
anything that involves trying to make a connection inside a wall, where
you can't easily check it for leaks.

Colin Bignell