Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hot glue guns... Recommendations please..

On Monday, 29 January 2018 18:04:24 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 29/01/2018 17:44, jim wrote:

after a glue gun, quick look on Amazon -3000 results....

I see there are different powers - 10w 20w 60w 100w, presumably
different sizes of sticks, different adhesives, yada yada
yada.....

Primarily the need has arisen for my sons homework, but I'd
appreciate some informed guidance on what to go for just in case
the cheapest is not necessarily the best option & limits other
applications/adhesives etc..

TIA

I don't like them, especially for children. The glue is very hot and
sticks to the skin so the burns are severe.

We use them here for our students, I do get a certain amoutn of pleaseure when they burn themselves I ask them why they think it's called a hot melt glue gun.
I alays warn them, same as when I give them scalples I always tell them not to get blood on my benches and floor. I even show them where the plasters are so they don't have to ask.

we have 2 of these
https://www.rapidonline.com/anvil-av...w-240v-87-0402

Nothing special but they've survived 2 years of student abuse so far.

last week they were used to stick magnets/coils to coffee cups to construct a simple speaker.

Bill