Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Dripping toilet

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:

DerbyBorn wrote:

Stop taps don't regulate pressure - only flow. The static pressure remains
the same.

Oh really? The main outside my house is at 11bar pressure (static, due
to hill) and immediately downstream of my stopcock, and in the same
access space, is an adjustable regulator set to 4bar, although the
technicians who changed it recently set it to 3bar.

So you agree, the stop tap is not regulating pressure, it is done
(surprise) by the regulator?

Chris

Indeed; which is why I said it was regulated "at" the stopcock, and
didn't say it was regulated "by" the stopcock.

--

Roger Hayter