Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] paul.mccann@deskcity.ie is offline

Default Removing GU10 bulbs

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 12:14:28 AM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Pinnerite wrote:
I bought a strip light fitting holding four GU10 lamps, from John Lewis.. It
is mounted to the concrete ceiling by its central mount point.

John Lewis supplied four lamps. I fitted them and switched on. The
illumination was pathetic. I checked the packaging - 330 Lumens.

Fortunately I had some 450 Lumen lamps that I had purchased from Costco..
When I tried to remove the John Lewis lamps, I could not gain purchase.
Stumped for a bit I googled and found a little gadget advertised for £1 plus
£3,95 packaging that supposedly did the job. I decided to chance it.

When it arrived, it comprised a short handle hinged to a head with a
diameter much smaller than the lamp and covered in a concave disk of the
kind of plastic used for 'Screwy Louis' for opening jar tops.

Anyway, I gave it a try. Push up, twist and remove. It worked perfectly..
I reckon it was value for money.

If you are interested the site is: www.tools-warehouse.co.uk

Did you try household rubber gloves first? Works here where the GU10 is
recessed.

--
*The statement below is true.

Dave Plowman London SW