Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Attaching a fence/screen to the top of a wall with stone"battlements" on it!

On Monday, 29 January 2018 18:54:51 UTC, Murmansk wrote:
I've been asked to make some kind of screen to hide an unsightly bit of roof in next door's yard. These photos show where it needs to go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/genlnxo5z5...50.44.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xunsa3rd5...50.29.jpg?dl=0

I've suggested what is effectively a fence with vertical slats, close together, about 80cm long (tall) made of Tanalised decking boards and that's been accepted.

The length of the fence will be about 3.25M. It'll have horizontal cross pieces at the top and bottom between the posts to which the decking panels will be attached.

I'd be interested in opinions on how to attach the posts to that wall. We want it entirely separate from the structure that's already there on the other side of the wall and the surface of the decking boards needs to be not too far back from the surface of the wall on this side.

I'm thinking resin fixings?

FWIW the top is the weakest part of a wall to fix to.

NT