Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Heater on 1.5mm lighting circuit ?

On 28/01/2018 21:23, newshound wrote:
On 28/01/2018 19:16, ARW wrote:

I thought this would make a change from the Monty Python Yorkshiremen
video that is usually posted when we make such jokes.

http://www.telelib.com/authors/O/Orw...ierpart_3.html

Fascinating! Slightly ashamed to admit that I've never read it before.

I hope you enjoy reading the rest.

I am still trying to find out which house this one is. From

http://www.telelib.com/authors/O/Orw...ierpart_4.html

"House in Mapplewell (small mining village near Barnsley). Two up, one
down. Living-room 14 ft by 13 ft. Sink in living-room. Plaster cracking
and coming off walls. No shelves in oven. Gas leaking slightly. The
upstairs rooms each 10 ft by 8 ft. Four beds (for six persons, all
adult), but €˜one bed does nowt, presumably for lack of bedclothes. Room
nearest stairs has no door and stairs have no banister, so that when you
step out of bed your foot hangs in vacancy and you may fall ten feet on
to stones. Dry rot so bad that one can see through the floor into the
room below. Bugs, but €˜I keeps em down with sheep dip. Earth road past
these cottages is like a muck-heap and said to be almost impassable in
winter. Stone lavatories at ends of gardens in semi-ruinous condition.
Tenants have been twenty-two years in this house. Are £11 in arrears
with rent, and have been paying an extra 1s. a week to pay this off.
Landlord now refuses this and has served orders to quit. Rent 5s.,
including rates.

I am not sure if it is not this one:-)

https://goo.gl/maps/zpYVw44EFdB2

the tree in the gutter is now much bigger (I'll take a photo at the
weekend) and I was stopped from putting tinsel on it this Christmas by
the my gf who said that I was too ****ed to go up their ladder and the
owners might find out who did it.

--

Adam