Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default How to have several identical wireless doorbells respond to the same code?

I have this amazing wireless doorbell. I've mounted the chimer on a
little wooden stand that I can move from room to room. However, I'm
not always in the room where the chime is. So, for example, in winter
I have the kitchen door closed to conserve heat, but if the chime is
currently in the hall I may not hear it.

Even if I bought another couple of these (they're not expensive), they
would each have their own bell push and each "pair" would respond to a
randomly different code. This is done to minimise the likelihood of a
neighbour's bell chiming when your doorbell is rung.

Could the component parts (bell push, chime unit) be modified so that
several chime units would respond to the same trigger code?

MM

Why don't you give us the make/model of the doorbell?

If you can take a clear photo of the PCB in the bell-push (preferably
both sides) I can probebly be able to tell you what you would need to
change on any additional push to code it the same.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%