Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default How to have several identical wireless doorbells respond to the same code?

I'd have thought this would be possible. I remember two of the many in a
block of flats used to chime each other.
Somebody must make devices where you can have more than one slave bell.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"MM" wrote in message
I have this amazing wireless doorbell. I've mounted the chimer on a
little wooden stand that I can move from room to room. However, I'm
not always in the room where the chime is. So, for example, in winter
I have the kitchen door closed to conserve heat, but if the chime is
currently in the hall I may not hear it.

Even if I bought another couple of these (they're not expensive), they
would each have their own bell push and each "pair" would respond to a
randomly different code. This is done to minimise the likelihood of a
neighbour's bell chiming when your doorbell is rung.

Could the component parts (bell push, chime unit) be modified so that
several chime units would respond to the same trigger code?

MM