Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Dripping toilet

John Rumm Wrote in message:
On 28/01/2018 09:50, jim wrote:
Grumps Wrote in message:
Hi all.
This sounds a weird one to me. In the bathroom of my daughter's flat
there is a toilet, sink, and bath. The bath has mixer taps and a
flexible hose to a shower head. Cold water is mains fed. Hot water is
from a water tank at mains pressure.
Everything works, but...
When you turn the shower head on, after several seconds water starts
dripping/running into the toilet bowl. I've only tested this briefly
using the cold water to the shower head. Running the sink or bath taps
does not cause this to happen.
What's the cause?

The toilet cistern is ceramic with a dual push button thing on the top.
If I try to lift the cistern lid, I am stopped by the mechanism attached
to these buttons. How do I remove the lid?

Ta.

Depress buttons with fingers & rotate whole button
assembly.

Or sometimes just unscrew the bezel while keeping the buttons still...

(some buttons have snap to length posts on the back that push down on
activators on the flush - others are connected via pneumatic tubes to
the flush mechanism - the latter kind don't like being "wound up" as such)

So you deal with those how? Jfi...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----