Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Heater on 1.5mm lighting circuit ?

On 27/01/2018 18:09, wrote:
On Saturday, 27 January 2018 17:21:43 UTC, George Miles wrote:
Is it OK to put my 500 watt frost heater on a lighting circuit?
It's so that the plastic header tank doesn't freeze.
Just count it as 2 amps for calculating the length of 1.5mm cable allowed?

Igenix IG5005 Frost Watch Convector Heater, 500 W - White
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Igenix-IG50.../dp/B00GB5HHFE

thanks
[george]

Electrically fine, but 500w is pretty excessive. You'll boil it. The plastic tank will then collapse, dumping boiling water over someone asleep underneath.

I don't think that the heater is going into the tank!

--

Adam