Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Heater on 1.5mm lighting circuit ?

On 27/01/2018 21:06, Robin wrote:
On 27/01/2018 20:18, wrote:
On Saturday, 27 January 2018 19:42:53 UTC, George MilesÂ* wrote:
I don't heat that bathroom, except for the frost heater which I had
on in December and may have kicked in once or twice.

Oh right.

In that case a 500 watt heater should keep the room reasonably warm.

Shouldn't really be on a lighting circuit but we did worse things in
past times.

I've never heard anyone poo-poo in principle a 500W floodlight on a
"lighting circuit" so why deprecate a 500W heater?Â* I wonder if it might
help to rebadge it as a "500W lamp for those sensitive to infrared
radiation"

Remember the quartz bathroom heaters? The round ones that actually
replaced the bathroom light.

--
Adam