Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default alexa in the shop

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 4:36:23 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/25/2018 9:55 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Alexa doesn't talk to users in that manner, but I can guarantee you
that users talk to Alexa like that.

We're getting close to renaming ours with a wake word that starts with
B and it sure isn't Betty.

If you want to make sure it'll never be spoken, Blagovich (if I even
spelled his name right) is a good one. :-)

Puckdroppern

Unless things have changed, I got one of the original Echo's and
preordered before they were available, I only had two name options, Echo
or Alexa.

Ask her. "Alexa, change wake word."

My Dot offered me 3 options: Echo, Amazon or Computer. I doubt it's device dependent.

I wish there were more choices.