Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Heater on 1.5mm lighting circuit ?

On 27/01/2018 20:18, wrote:
On Saturday, 27 January 2018 19:42:53 UTC, George Miles wrote:
I don't heat that bathroom, except for the frost heater which I had
on in December and may have kicked in once or twice.

Oh right.

In that case a 500 watt heater should keep the room reasonably warm.

Shouldn't really be on a lighting circuit but we did worse things in past times.

I've never heard anyone poo-poo in principle a 500W floodlight on a
"lighting circuit" so why deprecate a 500W heater? I wonder if it might
help to rebadge it as a "500W lamp for those sensitive to infrared
radiation"

ISTM you were right in your first reply ("What's the other loading on
the circuit?"). If that's OK I'd say the main thing is to label clearly
the circuit in the CU and in the paperwork so there's no confusion as to
which circuit powers the heater.

--
Robin