Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default Heater on 1.5mm lighting circuit ?

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 5:32:09 PM UTC, wrote:
On Saturday, 27 January 2018 17:21:43 UTC, George Miles wrote:
Is it OK to put my 500 watt frost heater on a lighting circuit?

What's the other loading on the circuit?

A 500 watt space heater is just going to try and heat the whole loft; you'd probably be better to wrap trace heating tape round the tank and pipes and then insulate over that.

Owain

But I've removed the loft above the bathroom: now the tank's at the top of a very tall room and over it is an OSB3 ceiling, 8 inches of kingspan , osb3 and an EDPM rubber roof.