Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New tougher MOTs.

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 16:14:52 -0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

And with everything from street lights, building flood lighting

and
car head lights tending towards cool white LED. You can't tell if
that light you caught a glimpse of through some trees is a street
light a flood light or headlight of an approaching car.

which is good because that makes you slow down just like blue

lights do

Blue lights? A very rare sight in this part of the world. The last
lot of blue lights I saw around here (maybe two years ago) had me
speed up so I could get to a place I knew could safely pull into and
let them past (ambulance) before they caught up with me.

If you're slowing down for things you don't need to slow down for....
well.... ever heard of "crying wolf"?

It's a distraction, as you try and work out if they are moving and if
so are they on a different road or not. With dark rural roads and
clean air, quite often the first "hint" you get of an oncoming
vehical is their main beam straight into you eyes as they round a
corner or crest a hill. Any hints you can pick up about oncoming
traffic is useful having that information diluted by distant street
lights of building floods is not.

--
Cheers
Dave.