Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default New tougher MOTs.

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 17:48:06 -0000, Jimbo in Hawick ...
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 07:14:41 -0000, Jimbo
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 22:59:16 -0000, Dave Liquorice
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 21:15:39 -0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Every car has different brightnesses and beam patterns, it's
ludicrous.

And with everything from street lights, building flood lighting
and car head lights tending towards cool white LED. You can't
tell if that light you caught a glimpse of through some trees is
a street light a flood light or headlight of an approaching car.

Anyone using a headlight during daylight hours I assume must be
flashing to let me go first. They can get out of my way.

Speed bumps make you think people are flashing you to go
first...very dangerous they are..........

Agreed. Plus the headlights that shouldn't be on during the day.

try switching them off on a modern motorbike .......

I was referring to cars. Lights draw attention to something. They
should be used for something unusual, like a motorcycle or an
ambulance, NOT a car. If your attention is drawn to everything then
you no longer spot the ambulance.
Same goes for hivis jackets - they should be worn by blind folk, or
someone working in the middle of a busy motorway, not every Tom Dick
and Harry out walking their dog.

Prick.