BFSUGGS

Default Lifting top of GE clothes dryer

ojunk (BFSUGGS) wrote in message
I have a year old GE clothes dryer. With my old dryer, I just put a screw
driver between the top and front to push in the clamps (or whatever they are
called) to lift the top of the dryer. I want to remove the front of the

dryer
to vaccuum out the lint buildup. I cannot push the clamps in to loosen the
top. Any ideas?

Hi,

Depends on the model# of your GE dryer....there are a few different styles!

One common version is linked below....
http://www.applianceaid.com/take-apart.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-dryers.html

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

BRBR

We found the screws that loosen the top, took it off, decided taking the front
off in our limited space was too complicated, and had a hard time putting the
top back.

We do appreciate all the suggestions.