Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default alexa in the shop

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 10:55:40 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Alexa doesn't talk to users in that manner, but I can guarantee you
that users talk to Alexa like that.

We're getting close to renaming ours with a wake word that starts with
B and it sure isn't Betty.

If you want to make sure it'll never be spoken, Blagovich (if I even
spelled his name right) is a good one. :-)

Unfortunately, according to Amazon (and Alexa - I asked her earlier this
evening) there are only 4 choices:

Alexa
Amazon
Echo
Computer

Apparently "Computer" is a fairly recent addition.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/01...ns-everywhere/

Seems to me that of those choices "Echo" is probably the safest as far as
limiting false positives.