Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default GU10 240V LED bulbs - any to avoid?

Slowly grinding on with the cooker hood.
I finally got the whole thing apart today, which included having to take
out the GU10 light fittings and take off the chrome trim.

Bad deed of the day - I looked at the back of the fittings and there
seemed to be a big black tab to turn to free them. Hmmm....bit stiff. Bit
of extra twist with the pliers. There, done.

Followed by the sound of bits of GU10 falling down inside the casing.
Turns out they weren't catches, but the whole fitting turned. As the
fitting was a right angle elbow, the lights needed removing first. Ah,
well, one needed replacing anyway.

So to GU10 LEDs of 50W equivalent. Screwfix lists quite a few different
manufacturers.

https://www.screwfix.com/c/all-light-bulbs/cat8350001?
capfittingtype=gu10#capfittingtype=gu10&equivalent wattage=50_w&sort_by=price

Any to go for, any to avoid?

Cheers

Dave R

---