Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default alexa in the shop

On 1/24/2018 12:29 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Electric Comet wrote in news4ah6f$tkm$3
@dont-email.me:

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:26:37 -0800 (PST)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

She listens to me even while the TV is playing right above the pod.

tv is white noise but technically it is not

put it in the shop with some shop noise and report back
would expect it to filter out white noise with some training but
never know

ruggedized alexa would be good offering they could add some other
things to it

particulate reports
it could measure the size and density
and alert for n95 or higher or lower

could also measure hazardous volatile levels for painting

could also measure noise levels and alert to put on ear protection

temp and humidity would be useful too

should have an inventory system as well

you come back from the store and it scans the bar code

then as you use the materials you update inventory

would be good to have it store the location too

alessa hinges

which hinges

alessa two inch stainless hinges

there are two pairs of two inch stainless hinges and both are in a3

That's a ton of work for very little gain. Here's an absolute truth
about storage: If you can't find it, you don't have it. No computer
inventory system will help you out there.

Analyze, organize and build/purchase the proper storage holders and
you'll be good.

If you want to buy an always-on internet connected microphone, do so. As
for me and my shop, we'll avoid electronic nonsense such as always-on
internet connected microphones and other Internet of Things (except
security) devices.

Puckdropper

If you are connected to the internet, some one is listening, whether by
microphone, your telephone, or keyboard.