Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Grr... CH system and braided hose bother

No cos they then leak which was why my cold tap needed one changing. The
lining had split when we tried to bend it a few years after fitting no doubt
due to lime scale on the inside of it. Indeed between these and the
convoluted so called bendable ones that get pin holes at the flute corners,
I've yet to find a flexible pipe with a long life.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 24/01/2018 08:22, Tim+ wrote:
GB wrote:
On 23/01/2018 21:40, Tim+ wrote:

Lest there is any doubt, these fecking hoses are NOT for use in CH
systems!
Speedfit website clearly says so. Do not let any plumber fit them in
your
house.

Do they get blocked easily?

I think the lining swells. Whether it's just the long term effect of hot
water or the effect of corrosion inhibitors I don't know but the end
effect
is no flow. When I get the *******ing thing out I'll cut it open and
see.

I see.

I recently removed some old rads, and they had some very sticky black
gloop in. If that's bunging up your hose, you might be able to clear it
rather than replace it.

Tim