Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Grr... CH system and braided hose bother

I don't like them anyway, I got lacerated fingers trying to get one undone
on a cold water tap in a kitchen a couple of years ago. they seem to shred
and th sharp ends are like rose thorns.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim+" wrote in message
I'm getting an awful feeling of déjà vu today.

I was round at my mother's flushing her CH system when she commented that
the bathroom radiator/towel rail didn't get hot.

Having checked that it was full of water and that it wouldn't get hot even
when it was the only radiator switched on in the system I established by
bleeding it whilst opening the two valves in turn that there was no flow
or
continuity through one "leg" of the radiator.

I went under the floor of the flat (easy to do via a basement entrance)
and
tried to trace the plumbing. With a sinking heart I spotted that a
section
of braided flexible pipe had been used for a "tricky" connection. It's
almost certainly going to be a ******* to replace as it disappears under
the bathroom floor and access is extremely limited.

This'll be the second time I've been cursed with inappropriate use of
braided (probably "Speedfit") hoses in a CH system. The last time was on
my
Myson kickspace heater.

Lest there is any doubt, these fecking hoses are NOT for use in CH
systems!
Speedfit website clearly says so. Do not let any plumber fit them in your
house.

/end grumble.

Tim

--