Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Combi/shower problem update 2

On 24/01/2018 14:14, wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 11:09:55 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/01/2018 18:27, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 17:53:56 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/01/2018 15:26, newshound wrote:

I reckon a Magnaclean is not a bad investment. Apart from collecting
magnetite, they provide a quick and easy way to add inhibitor.

In principle yup. I prefer the Fernox TF1, since it appears to have a
better cyclonic action for catching the non magnetic particulates in
addition to the magnet for the magnetite.

The magnet is useful, but get one with a filter, that bit catches far more than the magnet

I have not seen any with a traditional filter as such - only magnetic
and cyclonic collection. Which one were you thinking of?

Zeetec

As in:

http://www.zeetec.org/boiler-filter/

Looks interesting - would be interesting to know how it compares in
performance from say:

https://www.fernox.com/filters/tf1-total-filter

(Which uses a cyclonic action to collect the non mag particles but has
no mesh filter).

--
Cheers,

John.