Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Grr... CH system and braided hose bother

On 24/01/2018 08:22, Tim+ wrote:
GB wrote:
On 23/01/2018 21:40, Tim+ wrote:

Lest there is any doubt, these fecking hoses are NOT for use in CH systems!
Speedfit website clearly says so. Do not let any plumber fit them in your
house.

Do they get blocked easily?

I think the lining swells. Whether its just the long term effect of hot
water or the effect of corrosion inhibitors I dont know but the end effect
is no flow. When I get the *******ing thing out Ill cut it open and see.

Tim

One of the problems is that a kink can flatten the tube.

In theory, cheap and nasty nitrile rubber should be OK for quite a long
time at central heating temperatures and chemistry.

You *used* to be able to buy flexible corrugated copper tube with a
solder fitting at each end, I used one once on an awkward bath.