Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight Bar Clamp #60539 Review

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:28:23 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

On 1/22/2018 9:47 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 2:52:22 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 10:45:39 -0500
woodchucker wrote:

Side issue: Amazon is ending the America that I knew. They are in
effect becoming a monopoly, and forcing many stores to close. While I
am not a shopper, nor is my wife, all these empty stores are very
noticeable. This will have repercussions in the building industry.

not disagreeing with the symptoms and retail across the board is
hurting badly

we are heading into a major correction

What kind of correction? In the stock market?

Please explain what you see that leads you to believe that.

i think many of the empty stores would have become empty without
amazon

Is that a standalone statement or is it supposed to be connected to
your "correction prediction"? If the statements are connected, please
explain why you think empty stores are going to lead to a "correction",
after you explain what type of correction you are talking about and why
you expect one.

some questions to ponder

who let them operate with out charging sales tax for so long
i think they charge sales tax now

They've always charged sales tax. It depends on the type of sale and the
location of where the item is being shipped. When they don't charge tax,
it's on the purchaser to pay it.

They didn't always. NJ forced them to.

"They" still don't. Some sellers still don't collect it.

Read up on "use tax".

who let them ship for free
someone has to pay for the cost to ship
maybe amazon absorbed some of it but usps and others must have been
bullied into absorbing the costs too

You obviously don't know how "free shipping" actually works. You, I and
everyone else who buys stuff on line are paying for it.

+1 yep, nothing is really free.

*NOTHING* is really free.