Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting Stuff

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
news
On 1/17/2018 11:04 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"SteamboatEd Haas" wrote in message
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 5:56:02 PM UTC-7, amdx wrote:
On 7/28/2015 12:40 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:19:59 -0700 (PDT), SteamboatEd Haas
wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamb...57655170041438

Nice..but a bit..light duty isnt it?

Gunner

I'm wondering about lateral stability.
It might want to fold to the left or right.

Mikek

Aye it concerns me too. I try not to lift stuff very high and I
only
move in low gear.

Is that BX22 practical to excavate rocky ground?
http://www.tractordata.com/backhoe-l...tachments.html

I would imagine the cure to hard ground is a smaller bucket. I've
busted and removed caliche with a pick and a shovel. At my best I
used to only be average strong, so I am sure those hydraulics could
handle a man sized ground breaker of some kind.

The soil here isn't hard like caliche, it's glacial till, a poorly
sorted mix of sand, gravel and rocks of all sizes. The rocks make
shoveling very slow and difficult.

My immediate goal is to excavate into the hillside close behind my
house to make flat space for a new storage shed. I probably should
rent a small excavator to trench in on both ends to see if I encounter
ledge, what we call solid rock.

-jsw