Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does she need a bigger breaker box?

On 01/22/2018 06:21 PM, wrote:

[snip]

There are plenty of "all electric" houses here in Florida. I have a
well so I don't even get a water bill.

I grew up on a farm where we got water from a well. I remember several
times during electric outages (used to be common there) when we went to
a neighbor (who had city water) to get water.

That well water had iron in it, which could make it look like beer. It
was good for drinking (it didn't taste like beer) but bad for washing
(since it would take a long time to get the soap out).

I liked to watch what was going on in the pump house. The pump itself
was down in the well, but I could watch the gauge on the tank and the
pressure switch (I think I new then that 240V required double pole
switches).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

One sign of emotional maturity is doing what you want to, even if
everybody is telling you to do it.