Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does she need a bigger breaker box?

[snip]

I've never known of such bright xmas lights!* Ours are usually under a
watt each bulb.

At one time everyone in this neighborhood surrounded their yard with
plain incandescent C9 lights (7W each bulb, and about a foot apart).
When I looked up the street, it looked like I was at the airport. The
lights were TOO bright, making it hard to see anything else. Most people
have stopped using them.

Most of what I used were miniature (.5W). Note that 500 of these draw 2A
and can be connected string-to-string (3A fuse and I subtract 1A to keep
it from blowing too much). Now those are all LED (about 1.8W for the
whole string of 50-70).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

One sign of emotional maturity is doing what you want to, even if
everybody is telling you to do it.