Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Does she need a bigger breaker box?

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 23 Jan 2018 00:40:25 -0500,
wrote:

Still over 100 feet from my property line to the vault

A straight pull of a 2/0 triplex through a 2" is doable at 100'
particularly in a straight line, 200' is probably not happening and
that is why they said "trouble".

It's transite too - which is just another way of spellling trouble.

What's transite?

Was this gee whiz info or do you need the upgrade? I was getting away
with 100a just fine here until I decided I wanted a spa and this is an
all electric house. I was getting along fairly well on ~23a from a
5.5KW generator, just no central AC or hot water.

You remind me that one of my neighbors expanded her deck, put on walls
and a roof and a hot tub. She either had to increase her service or she
at least determined what it was and that it was enough. I found her
number, I think, but she's young enough to work so I don't want to call
until evening. I hope she remembers.

I could also talk to the guy who owns her house now, and see if the
breaker box is different from the rest of ours, except I accidentally
parked in his spot a month ago and he might still be annoyed at me.