Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Freight Bar Clamp #60539 Review

On 1/22/18 10:00 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 1/22/2018 2:52 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 10:45:39 -0500
woodchucker wrote:

Side issue: Amazon is ending the America that I knew. They are in
effect becoming a monopoly, and forcing many stores to close. While I
am not a shopper, nor is my wife, all these empty stores are very
noticeable. This will have repercussions in the building industry.

not disagreeing with the symptoms and retail across the board is
hurting badly

we are heading into a major correction

i think many of the empty stores would have become empty without
amazon

True many of the big box stores already did the major damage.

some questions to ponder

who let them operate with out charging sales tax for so long
i think they charge sales tax now

who let them ship for free

There's no free shipping. Look at the prime price, it's much higher
sometimes double the price of other vendors through Amazon.

I have not found that to be the case.
Do you have any examples?
Double the price? Really?
A good deal of the Prime products are stored at their "local" warehouses
which is one reason the shipping cost can be so low-- it's already close
to you.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)