Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting Stuff

It is best to have a 'thumb' that holds the rock in the bucket.

If the trench is more or less a single or several at the same time,
rent a small excavator They have more power, move side to side and dump
where typical tractors are 15 degrees or less to the side.

There are good YouTube video's -
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLF...kfxpjP9hdLkNrg

Tractor time with tim. He has tractor backhole and a small excavator
and loves the latter once he got it.

Martin

On 1/22/2018 10:03 PM, SteamboatEd Haas wrote:

Is that BX22 practical to excavate rocky ground?
http://www.tractordata.com/backhoe-l...tachments.html

--Good question. Sure you can pick up boulders with the backhoe but the standard bucket is only 12" wide. As for weight I suppose a couple hundred pounds could be lifted out of a trench. By 'rocky ground' I think as long as it's not concrete you could scratch your way beneath the surface without too much trouble.