Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Does she need a bigger breaker box?

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:35:37 -0000, "James Wilkinson
Sword" wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:59:38 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Even xmas lights with bulbs used about 20 watts a set.

It depends on what bulbs you're using. The (common in some places) C9
set uses 175W (25 * 7W). I called that 1.5A (going up a little for
safety). I would have no more than 9 on a 15A circuit.

Just how many
did you have?

That never seemed relevant, considering there were so many different
sizes. What I had took 7 circuits (with less than 15A on each).

I've never known of such bright xmas lights! Ours are usually under a watt each bulb.

There are the skinny, tiny incandescent ones but there are, or were,
others whose glass part is almost an inch long and over a half-inch
wide. I presume those are the one Mark means.