Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Moisture barriers and Wifi

On 2018-01-22, Another Dave wrote:
On 22/01/18 16:22, T i m wrote:

Use a Poweline adaptor to put a hotspot in your study or carry on with
the router acting as a hotspot etc?

Basically that's what I've done. I've attached the old router to a
powerline adapter and use it as an access point.

Powerline ethernet sucks syphilitic donkey dick.

+1

Maybe it depends on the make / model / installation?

I supplied the in-laws a TP-Link set to run Ethernet from a NowTV box
to the router (better than WiFi), run a WiFi hotspot at the diagonally
opposite end of the house to the router (works fine) and to a PC in
the back of the house, again using Ethernet and that too works fast
and reliably?

They weren't about to start running cables round the place and didn't
need to?

Another site uses a pair with a remote WiFi adaptor to take the WiFi
signal from the router and locate it somewhere more useful.

A third, a motorcycle shop runs Ethernet out from the main office to
the MOT bay and they *rely* on that for all MOTs. *It just works*?

Cheers, T i m