Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moisture barriers and Wifi

On 2018-01-22, Another Dave wrote:
My 1920s house is L-shaped and because of its geometry the Wifi signal
has to go outside and then back in to get to my study where all my
computers and cool stuff are.

The signal is effectively non-existent in the study so I used an old
router to extend the signal. Still no joy unless I put the extender in
the study.

I'm forming the opinion that a metal foil moisture barrier is blocking
the signal though I have no evidence that there is one. The rest of the
house is fine.

Is this likely?

Yes. I have exactly the same problem.

Any suggestions?