Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moisture barriers and Wifi

On 22/01/18 19:42, Huge wrote:
On 2018-01-22, pamela wrote:
On 16:32 22 Jan 2018, Huge wrote:

On 2018-01-22, Another Dave wrote:
On 22/01/18 16:22, T i m wrote:

Use a Poweline adaptor to put a hotspot in your study or carry
on with the router acting as a hotspot etc?

Basically that's what I've done. I've attached the old router
to a powerline adapter and use it as an access point.

Powerline ethernet sucks syphilitic donkey dick.

That's seems like a remarkably fair assessment judging by my own
experience with Netgear repeaters to feed Internet into my
smart telly.

Yep. I have to run continuous pings to the router to keep mine alive.
Otherwise every few minutes the link goes away. The lights flash, it
looks *just* there's data flowing, but there isn't.

Oh, My tplinks always get data through...its just that sometimes I am
lucky to get 3Mbps.

Not because they arent connecting at decent speed, but simply because
when heavy traffic is going one way, ACKs aren't coming back the other way..

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain