Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Combi/shower problem update 2

BG came around to my Mums to look at her combi which wouldnt supply hot
water when the CH wasnt calling for heat.

Apparently some crud in the valve which they sorted and to their credit,
they *didnt* try and sell her a new boiler. Instead they are pushing a
system €œpower flush€ for £600 which sounds a lot to me.

Assuming Im prepared to spend a day messing around looking for drain cocks
and bits of hosepipe, is there any reason I cant do this myself?

Is there a recommended flushing substance to treat the system with prior to
a full flush?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls