Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moisture barriers and Wifi

On 22/01/18 16:16, Another Dave wrote:
My 1920s house is L-shaped and because of its geometry the Wifi signal
has to go outside and then back in to get to my studyÂ* where all my
computers and cool stuff are.

The signal is effectively non-existent in the study so I used an old
router to extend the signal. Still no joy unless I put the extender in
the study.

I'm forming the opinion that a metal foil moisture barrier is blocking
the signal though I have no evidence that there is one. The rest of the
house is fine.

Is this likely? Any suggestions?

II can certainly confirm that 15 feet is a long distance for wifi even
with two open doorways when all your walls are foil backed...

Another Dave